Skip to main content
Let's Give Peace a Chance


      'When others are fearful, be aggressive.  When others are aggressive, be afraid.'-(paraphrasing Warren, not Jimmy)  Like I have said, I don't want to wait around a lot if I don't have to, I look in places I think no one else would look for a good deal.  Get in early and get in cheap.  Legalization.  Fair trade.  Political turmoil.  That is my kind of party.
       I am buying an array of marijuana related securities,  tossing a wide net as it were, second and third tier suppliers, research into medical use, production supplies and equipment and even financial assistance providers.  Don't want to leave anyone out, besides that the positions I am taking are all hail mary plays, I am not trying to get on base I am swinging for the fences.  Now if only the Congress would play nice and slide through the appropriate legislation, or not, half of my plays are north of the border where it is already 100% legal in any and all forms.
     I am into Chinese ADR's as well, Chinese firms that also trade on the NYSE or other platforms.  The Chinese take corporations very seriously, in order to get an IPO on the Chinese exchange you have to jump through substantial hoops, they end up doing a lot of the screening for you, thanks.  A Chinese company trading on the Chinese exchange that has ADR's here at a discount is a license to print money as I see it.  Sometime soon the trade tariff thing will die down and the market will find it's proper level.
     Turkish bank stocks are another unrealized opportunity that is unnaturally depressed by unnecessary political meddling that should just go away at the end of several more news cycles.  Or longer, the wait will be well worth it, some of these stocks are trading at 10% of their Graham numbers right now.
     The largest portion of my portfolio is in very stable issues, but I came to play and I am staying until they make me leave.  There will always be wildcards in my hand. I spend at least as much time looking for the big plays as the solid money.  Definitely not a set and forget type of deal but that's OK, it's what I've signed up for.  


Comments